Please be advised that a position is available as a Senior Policy and Program Analyst – Kindergarten/Early Childhood on the government of Saskatchewan’s Careers Website located under Permanent Full-Time here: http://www.careers.gov.sk.ca/publicjobs
Senior Policy and Program Analyst – Kindergarten/Early Childhood - EDU000634
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
Location(s): SK–Regina and Area-Regina
Ministry: 005 Education
Salary Range: $36.229-$45.402 Hourly
The Ministry of Education provides strategic, innovative and collaborative leadership to the early years, Pre-kindergarten through Grade 12 education, literacy and library sectors. We strive to advance the social, economic and personal wellbeing of Saskatchewan people. Currently, the Early Years Branch has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who possesses knowledge, skills and experience in early childhood education with a primary focus on Kindergarten. Working collaboratively with other branches of the Ministry of Education and stakeholders you will provide leadership in strategic planning for the provincial Kindergarten related programs and initiatives that enhance and implement early childhood education practices, programs and initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Early Years Planning, Education and Evaluation you will provide leadership to the early years sector, including:
- strategic planning for the provincial Kindergarten and related programs and initiatives involving environment, inquiry and project-based learning, curriculum, instruction, assessment, and family engagement;
- advising and collaborating with other branches and stakeholders to support grade 1 to Grade 3 education with a focus on enhancing reading and numeracy by the end of Grade 3;
- conducting research, analyzing and interpreting current best practices in early childhood education;
- consulting and working with school divisions to enhance and implement early childhood education practices, programs and initiatives particularly for kindergarten;
- delivering presentations to colleagues and education stakeholders to enhance understanding of curriculum, instruction and assessment for Kindergarten; and
- identifying, developing and responding to emerging issues with a solution focus.
Qualification would typically be attained through a Masters degree in education, with a specialization in early childhood or equivalent education and experience. Some travel is required.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Hours of Work: B – SGEU Field 37.33 – one day off every three weeks
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Criminal Record Check Requirement: The successful candidate shall be subject to a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: May 6, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
Government of Saskatchewan
Early Years Branch, Ministry of Education
2-2220 College Avenue
REGINA, SK Canada